Birth Date: November 24, 1994
Height/Weight: 5’ 11"; 152 lbs.
Hometown: San Luis Obispo, Calif.
Residence: Mooresville, N.C.
Education: 12th Grade, Lake Norman High School
89 Feature Wins
4-Time National Champion
Growing up in California, Devin Jones became one of the youngest IKF go-karting “experts” in history at the age of 11 after winning two “Duffy” Grand National Championships in the same year. He also earned WKA Grand National “Eagle” and WKA Gold Cup titles and was the “most winning” Cadet Go-Kart racer in Southern California.
In 2007, at the age of 12, Jones and the Devin Jones Racing team moved east to Mooresville, N.C. Just after his 13th birthday, Jones started racing in the highly-competitive Legends Car Series. In his first 8 months of racing in the Legends Car series, Jones amassed 8 1st place finishes and 36 top fives, earning him the honors to move from the Semi Pro to the Pro class two months before his 14th birthday.
In 2009 Jones raced a Super Late Model in PASS South were he ran a partial schedule in his first year of Super Late Model racing, Jones finished an impressive ninth in the season standings, despite not competing in four of the 14 events. Jones also qualified in the top 10 in all but three races. He had multiple top 10s and a top 3 finish at Hickory.
In 2010 with some PASS South races under his belt, Jones had many top 10 and top 5 finishes in the most competitive Super Late Model series in the country. Motor issues at Wake County, Dillon, and Orange County took him out of the race, all when leading. Jones was top 5 in the standings all year.
In 2011, Jones ran selected Skip Barber National Series events and Late Model Stock races at the historic Hickory Motor Speedway. He scored back - back podiums at Homestead Miami Speedway (FL) in just his second start in the open wheeled Skip Barber cars. In eight starts at Hickory Motor Speedway, Jones earned three top 5 finishes and six top 10 finishes as well as one pole qualifying run during the August 20 event.
For the 2012 season, Jones ran in the UARA-STARs Late Model Stock touring series where he achieved his first UARA pole qualifying run and finished the year with 2 top 5's and 8 top 10's.
2013 will be a landmark year for Devin Jones has he makes his first start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck series at Martinsville Speedway on April 6. He will also run a full UARA-STARS campaign, looking for the championship.
… this is a very media savvy young man with a bright future in NASCAR,”
Carolyn Brewster, NASCAR reporter, NASCAR Illustrated
Keep your eye on this one, you will definitely see him in NASCAR’s top series programs soon,”
Jim Utter, reporter/NASCAR, Charlotte Observer
2013 - NASCAR Camping World Truck; UARA - Late Model Stock
• Made first NASCAR Camping World Truck start at Martinsville Speedway, April 6
• Will run a full UARA-STARS tour with Championship goals
2012 - UARA - Late Model Stock
• First Sunoco Pole Award at Caraway Speedway
• Rookie of the Race Award for 2nd place at Anderson Motor Speedway
• Earned two top 5's and eight top 10's
2011 - Late Model Stock, SBF 2000 Cars
• Tied for pole at Hickory Motor Speedway Late Model Stock race
• In eight starts at Hickory Motor Speedway, earned three top 5 finishes and six top 10 finishes
• Finished 9th in the Skip Barber National F2000 Series
• Claimed 2 podium finishes (2nd and 3rd) in Second Skip Barber F2000 Race weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway
2010 - Super Late Model, SBF2000 Cars
• Ran Top 5 in PASS South Points (Had to miss last race to test SBF2000 Open Wheel Car)
• Lead over 50 laps in PASS South Competition
• Top 5 in PASS South "Labor Day Classic 200" at North Wilkesboro Speedway
• "Rookie of the Race" in First ever SBF2000 race at Road Atlanta (Finished 5th)
• Ranked Top 30 Late Model driver in the county. (Cale Thompson Report - Sept. 2010)
• Started from Pole at Wake County and Orange County in PASS South
2009 - Super Late Model Races
• Leading Winter Heat in Pro class, when sold Legend to race PASS South in SLMs
• Total Season Stats: Finishes - 11 starts; 6 top 10s; 1 top 5. Qualifying - 11 starts; 9 top 10s; 5 top 5s
• 3rd place in PASS South "Independence 150"
• Qualified 8th in first Super Late Model event at PASS National "Easter Bunny 150" (Over 50 drivers and youngest driver in the field)
• PASS South Rookie of the Year Runner up (Ran limited schedule)
• Finished 9th in PASS South driver points (Ran limited schedule; Over 100 drivers were in PASS South points)
2008 – Legends Cars, Pro Challenge
• Earned Legends Pro license at age 13, after just 10 months of racing in Legends Semi Pro class
• Won 8 races in 8 months; earned 36 top 5 finishes in Legends Semi Pro class
• Finished 2nd overall at the Lowes Motor Speedway Summer Shootout, Legends Young Lions Division
• Finished 3nd in the Summer Shootout, Stars and Stripes Series, Legends Young Lions Division
• Qualified on Pole during Legends Young Lions National; finished 5th
• Finished 3rd in first Pro Challenge race during series playoff opener
2007 – Legends Cars, Bandolero, Karting
• Legends: Total season stats: 3 starts; 1 top 5; 2 top 10s (started Legends racing in December 2007)
• Bandolero: Total season stats: 15 starts; 1 win; 15 top 5s
• Bandolero: Nationals, finished 7th (Young Guns)
• Karting: IKF Region 7 (Leading Yamaha Jr. Super Sportsman Points Championship when moved to N.C. in June 2007)
2006 – Karting
• Michael Clark Pro Race, 2nd place, Jr. Super Sportsman
• IKF Grand National (Duffy) Champion, Jr. 1 Comer
• IKF Grand National (Screaming Eagle) Pole Qualifier, Jr. 1 Comer
• IKF Grand National (Duffy) Champion, HPV 1
• IKF Grand National (Screaming Eagle) Pole Qualifier, HPV 1
• IKF Grand Nationals, 3rd place, Rookie Sportsman
• IKF Region 7; 5 1st place finishes
• IKF Region 7; 2nd in series points, HPV 1
• IKF Region 7; 3rd in series points, Jr. 1 Comer
• Stars of Karting: Race of the Americas, Fast Qualifier
• Stars West, 2 1st place finishes; 2 Pole Qualifiers
• Stars West, 2nd in overall series points
2005 – Karting
• Most winning cadet driver in Southern California
• WKA Grand Nationals West Winner and Pole Qualifier, Jr 1. Yamaha
• Los Angeles Kart Club Champion, Jr. 1
• Los Angeles Kart Club Champion, HPV 1
• So-Cal Sprinters Summer Shootout Champion, Jr. 1
• So-Cal Sprinters Points Champion, Jr. 1
• US Kart Championship, Points Champion, Jr. 1
• US Kart Championship, Points Champion, HPV 1
2004 – Karting
• WKA Gold Cup West Points Champion, Jr. 1 Cadet
• WKA Daytona Kart Week, 7th, Cadet Jr. Sportsman
The Devin Jones Racing Timeline
He will also be running a full 16-race UARA-STARS campaign, as he seeks to win the championship title.
Expanding on his driving diversity, Jones spent time in the Skip Barber F2000 National series, tested in a USF 2000 open wheel car and successfully ran in the NASCAR Whelen All American Late Model Stock program at Hickory Motor Speedway.
After amassing 3 tops 5's and 11 top 10's in the PASS South series, Jones was recognized among the Top 30 Late Model drivers in the country by the Cale Thompson Report.
In 2008, Jones became one of the youngest drivers to earn "Pro" status in the competitive INEX Legends car series at age 13.
In 2005, Jones was named the "most winning" cadet driver in Southern California, winning 2 WKA Grand National "Eagle" awards. In 2006, he won 2 IKF "Duffy" awards, 2 IKF "Screaming Eagle" awards.